Hope is an emotion that is typically achieved when one has accepted and come to terms with a specific situation, allowing for the vision of a new way of life and new possibilities that lie ahead.
Many believe that the power of hope and a positive attitude has the ability to help the body to proceed.
Hope is often discussed among Belongers who share tips and ideas on what helps them maintain a sense of hope. Here are some of the tips shared by Belongers within the various groups, that can build a sense of hope:
- Plan your day and try to stick to a regular routine.
- Keep doing as many of the activities you can.
- Start a new mindfulness/relaxation regime such as yoga, journaling, and meditation.
- Take short walks and try to spend some time in nature.
- Allow yourself time to reflect on your religious or spiritual beliefs and personal values.
- Find a mentor or read blogs written by MS warriors leading active lives.
- Find activities that bring on a smile or help you to laugh.
This content is provided for your general education and information only. It does not necessarily reflect Belong’s views and opinions. Belong does not endorse or support any specific product, service or treatment.